Learn to handle stress, conquer confusing and upsetting feelings such as anger and sadness gracefully, and lead a fulfilling life.
An educational counsellor is a counsellor who works with school students in a school environment. Schools now hire educational counsellors to assist special needs children with their studies, provide career counselling, based on the options available to students and also help students with their personal issues.
What is the concept of educational Counselling? the counselling specialty concerned with providing advice and assistance to students in the development of their educational plans, choice of appropriate courses, and choice of college or technical school. Also called educational guidance; student counselling. Today’s school counsellors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development, ensuring today’s students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. Learn more about the school counsellor’s role.
we work on this
1. promoting student advocacy,
2. developing higher educational and career aspirations in students,
3. eradicating educational practices such as student tracking that inadvertently maintain inequities among disadvantaged
4. student groups and stratify opportunities
5. using data to identify educational practices that may help or hinder student progress.
* Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
* Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
* Mediate conflict between students and teachers
* Improve parent/teacher relationships
* Assist with college applications, jobs and scholarships
* Organize peer counselling programs
* Refer students to psychologists and other mental health resources
* Work on academic boards to improve learning condition