Substance abuse counselling
Learn to handle stress, conquer confusing and upsetting feelings such as anger and sadness gracefully, and lead a fulfilling life.
It occurs when you use alcohol, prescription medicine, and other legal and illegal substances too much or in the wrong way. Substance abuse differs from addiction. Many people with substance abuse problems are able to quit or can change their unhealthy behaviour……Substance abuse can simply be defined as a pattern of harmful use of any substance for mood-altering purposes. “Substances” can include alcohol and other drugs (illegal or not) as well as some substances that are not drugs at all.
What is the role of psychosocial Counselling in the prevention of drug abuse? Psychosocial interventions can help drug users to identify their drug-related problems and make a commitment to change, help clients to follow the course of treatment and reinforce their achievements. They can also have a role in supporting family members and creating a network to help facilitate the recovery process
we work on this
- Strong therapeutic alliances can be made by
- Ensuring patients know you are interested in their well being
- Attentiveness during sessions
- Letting patients know you can empathize with their problems
- Understanding and communicating the foundational issues at play in recovery